Comment on page
An overview of what the Tavern.money protocol entails
The Tavern is a passive income protocol that improves upon current node projects, by combining gamification, NFTs and a treasury-backed token to reward participants sustainably over the long term.
The protocol allows users to purchase BREWERYs, which continually produce MEAD at a fixed rate - for life!
A node token is a type of token which is rewarded at a fixed rate to purchased "nodes".
Can't be bothered to read a bunch of mission statements? Jump right into it here:
We are all so early to the world of crypto & DeFi that it's important that we all play a role in helping grow and nurture these markets in their infancy, and to do this is to innovate.
"Innovation: To take something that works, and fix it"
Usually when a new project takes off, it invites a lot of copy-cats and cash-grabs to try ride off the wave of people who missed out and are looking for that next big hit, and this can end up exhausting the market.
Getting rugged constantly, or buying into "fart in the wind" projects is exhausting!
This is the sole reason for creating The Tavern, to provide a place where people can come together, trust, and relax from the intensity of the market.
Let's recap real quick.
- While the barrier for entry remains quite high in general for crypto, the idea of simply buying this thing that generates you money overtime is a lot more straight forward.
- That is why we have gone an extra step of adding a theme, backstory and gamification aspects to our protocol, as games are an incredibly useful tool in education.
- This way it isn't just easy to understand, but fun.
- The idea of a fixed reward, is incredibly exciting.
- Often in competitive staking pools, the APR% gets reduced substantially to something that ends up boring people and then they move on.
- Keeping a fixed reward is important, as it implies scalability into mass adoption.
They are a passive strategy.
- The term "passive income" has become a meme, and rightly so!
- The idea of being able to put your money to work, and then go and binge a Netflix show (or go to the Tavern for a drink with your friends!) is what makes this whole thing so exciting.
- I am not sure about you, but maintaining focus on 1m charts for hours and weeks can be draining work
While the node structure is incredibly inviting (who doesn't like a lifetime fixed APR?!), we have observed certain drawbacks that these protocols come with.
- This unrealistically high APR is always met with a reduction in rewards a few weeks down the line.
- This can lead to dumping, or people moving away from the protocol in search of new heights.
- An APR is only worth its number if it holds there for a whole year.
- Psychologically, a drop from 10,000% to 2,000% APR is crushing, but an increase from 2,000% to 10,000% is amazing. At the end of the day, 2,000% APR is GOOD!
- A main sticking point, is that these node projects require you to put money upfront which you don't get back, as there isn't a way to sell these nodes back.
- This means you only hit green after a certain amount of days, and the idea of being locked in can be daunting.
- This is the main reason for creating nodes that are NFTs - you can transfer them or sell them on the open market!
- Liquidity is incredibly important, as it provides value to the token for the coming days.
- Across current projects there is far too little attention towards growing the liquidity and strengthening the token, which is where the true value is derived from.
- Ensuring that there are proper systems in place to help improve liqudity both in the short term, and the long term, is what sets this project apart.
The Tavern, is not a "node project", it is a passive income protocol (PIP). Evolved from previous projects, doubling down on what works and fixing what doesn't.
Here are just some of the things this protocol offers:
- Passive income
- Earn MEAD while you can relax, and grab a drink!
- Your downpayment is also an investment
- Gamification elements
- Level up your breweries and gain reputation as a brewer to reduce your tax!
- The supply of BREWERYs is controlled
- A guard against hyper-inflationary tokenomics
- You can purchase BREWERYs with LP tokens, at a discount depending on how much the liquidity supports the total market cap.
- Lifetime supply of liquidity
- The team is KYC'd and the code will be audited
- Security and peace of mind that we have good intentions